Georgian diamond inline ring 1820
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: "The Southern Netherlands" the former name for the current Belgium. (Belgium seceded from the Netherlands in 1831.)
Style: Georgian - Georgian style is the name given in most English-speaking countries to the set of styles current between 1720 and 1840. It is eponymous for the first four British monarchs of the House of Hanover—George I of Great Britain, George II of Great Britain, George III of the United Kingdom, and George IV of the United Kingdom—who reigned in continuous succession from August 1714 to June 1830.
- See also: Georgianor more info on styles
Period: ca. 1820
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18k pink gold and silver, see also: The silver on gold technique (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Diamond(s): Nine rose cut diamonds. We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com)for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: A Dutch hallmark representing the letter letter "v" (1814-1831) for foreign made articles given to be checked by the essay office (used from 1814 till 1831)
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: band width of top of ring 0,58 cm (0,23 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 2,10 gram (1,35 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 58 & 18½ , Size US 8¼ , Size UK: Q
Resizing: Free resizing, but because of the the way the ring is made, we cannot guarantee to make it on every size; so please ask in advance (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Adin Reference Nº: 20055-0038
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
pink gold jewelry, silver on gold jewelry, jewelry with rose cut diamonds, latest acquisitions,
antique jewelry, estate jewelry, vintage jewelry or modern jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?